Nothing confuses Amazon sellers more than brand registry – and I know! It took me a while to get my head around it, but I can honestly say it’s been worth it for me. And will be for most of you too.
So, I thought I’d collect the top 5 questions I get asked and answer them here.
- What is Amazon Brand Registry?
Brand registry is all about protecting your brand and your products.
The program identifies the brand owners of Amazon and allows them to contact a dedicated team for specialist support on intellectual property infringement, policy violations and much more.
If you’re selling branding products without brand registry, it can be very difficult to stop other sellers selling, and/or counterfeiting, your products.
- What are the benefits of Brand Registry?
There are many! Here are just a few:
- Helps brand owners have complete control over their product listings
- Helps boost sales
- Helps protect the brand
- Enhances the brand content
- Better, more focused customer support
- Makes reporting infringements easier
- Makes listing products faster and easier
- Stops competitors from changing your listings
- Does it cost anything?
Nope. Although you will have to pay to register your trademark if you haven’t already. More on that next.
- How do I sign up?
Head over to https://brandservices.amazon.com/ and click on Get Started.
You’ll be asked to choose which country you wish to enrol in and be redirected to that marketplace.
IMPORTANT: You’ll need to have registered a trademark that matches the brand name of your products.
If you’ve already got a trademark then to get enrolled you’ll need to provide the following:
- Images of the brand’s logo
- Images of products or packaging with the trademarked brand name.
- The product categories the brand should be listed in
- The countries where that brand’s products are manufactured.
- If I sell across multiple marketplaces, do I need to apply for brand registries in each one?
This is a common question for people already brand registered in their home country.
Simply put, each country has its own registry so you must apply separately. What’s more, different countries have specific trademark requirements that need to be considered.
Click here to see Amazon’s country-specific requirements.
- Is registering my brand worth it?
I’ve saved the big juicy question until last.
If you sell branded products and you qualify for brand registry, then it’s 100% worth it.
For the benefits and protection you receive, it’s definitely worth the hassle of signing up. Amazon’s support really helps you out when the time comes to use them.
I hope this helps you guys! If you have any other questions please contact me directly, I’d love to hear from you. We’re in this together!